Teekha Paneer Masala Recipe with step by step pictures
Teekha Paneer Masala is another delicious yet easy recipe of Paneer. Its really very easy to make it, if you have done previous preparations like chopping Paneer and onions etc you can easily make this recipe in 30 minutes.
Actually, I was not able to decide a good name for this recipe, but when I tasted it, I found it very hot and spicy and so I named it Teekha Paneer Masala. It contains a rich flavor of garlic in it, so if you want a mild flavor then reduce the quantity of garlic in it.
Also to make it hot I have added green chilies, red whole chilies, and red chili powder too, however, if you want a less hot version of Teekha Paneer Masala, reduce their quantity but adding red whole chilies is must for this recipe.
This version of Paneer, the Teekha Paneer Masala tastes best with Roomali Roti, Paratha, Roti, Naan, and Rice also. You may find this recipe similar to Paneer Butter Masala but it is entirely different from it. For Paneer Butter Masala recipe click here
So here is the step by step recipe of Teekha Paneer Masala with pictures:
Fresh Cheese/ Paneer- 200 gms
Garlic- 3-4 cloves
Onion- 2, medium size
Tomatoes- 3 medium size or 4 small
Green Chilies- 1 (optional)
Butter- 2 tablespoon
Oil- 2 teaspoon
Turmeric Powder- 1/4 teaspoon
Kashmiri Red Chili Powder- 1/2 teaspoon
Fresh Cream- 1/4 cup
Salt- As per your taste
Sugar- A pinch (make sure you add only a pinch of sugar else it will impart a sweet taste)
Whole spices to be dry roasted:
Bay Leaf- 1 big or 2 small
Cinnamon- 1.5-inch stick
Coriander Seeds- 1 tablespoon
Fenugreek Seeds- 1/4 teaspoon
Cumin Seeds- 1.5 teaspoon
Whole Dry Red Chilies- 4-5
1. Heat a pan and dry roast all the whole spices over low flame till you smell a nice aroma coming out of them. Be very careful while dry roasting the whole spices as over roasting may burn them resulting into a burnt taste in gravy. Keep aside and allow it to cool down. On cooling grind into a fine powder using a grinder or a mortar and pestle. If you want an extra fine texture then sieve it once.
2. In a pan heat butter and oil together. Adding oil with butter is important as it prevents butter from burning and getting brown.
3. Add chopped garlic and ginger in butter and mix well. Saute over medium flame till it turns golden and the pungent raw aroma of ginger and garlic goes away. It usually takes 2-3 minutes.
4. Add green chilies and onions and mix well. Saute over medium flame for 2 minutes till onions turn golden. Do not over fry or burn it.
5. Add chopped tomatoes and mix well. Saute over medium flame for 5 minutes or till they are soft and tender.
6. Allow to cool down and later puree them using a hand blender or electric mixer.
7. Again heat a pan and transfer this puree into it. Saute over medium flame for 2 minutes. Later add turmeric powder, red chili powder and whole spices masala powder that we made in step 1.
8. Add cream and mix well. Saute over medium flame for 2-3 minutes till it gets absorbed in it.
9. Season with salt and mix well.
10. Add water to adjust gravy and add Kasoori methi in it.
11. Cook over medium flame for 5 minutes. Add fresh cheese aka paneer cubes and mix well.
12. Adjust seasonings if required. Teekha Paneer Mazedar is ready to eat. Serve with a dollop of butter (optional). Tastes best with Roti, Paratha, Naan or rice.
Cheers and do like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/VegetariansDelight to get updates on our latest recipes.