Are you bored or tired of eating plain or regular stuffed parathas, then try these Spring Onion and Cheese paratha. This is neither, usual onion stuffed paratha and nor typical cheese stuffed paratha recipe, but a lot easier and different recipe that makes equally tasty and delicious parathas. Its a perfect hybrid or Fusion Paratha recipe.
So soft, so cheesy and also hot because of both black pepper and green chillies. These parathas will melt in your mouth with cheese oozing out from every bite and they also contain a crunch of spring onions.
These will perfectly kick start your busy day and also will perfectly compliment your lazy weekend nights. Because of cheese, your kids are also going to love it. Serve them as breakfast or keep them in their tiffin. Ideal for fussy eaters. These are now my family’s all time favorite dish and the credit goes t my husband. Hope you guys will also enjoy these.
Spring Onions- 2 cups (finely chopped)
Mozzarella Cheese- 1 cup (finely grated)
Salt- As per your taste
Black Pepper powder- 1/2 teaspoon
Green Chillies- 2-3 (finely chopped)
Whole Wheat Flour- 2 cups
Water- 1.5 cups
Salt- 1/2 teaspoon
Oil/Clarified Butter (Ghee)- 2 teaspoon
Butter- For pan-toasting/cooking
1. Take finely chopped spring onions, grated mozarella cheese, salt, green chillies and black pepper powder in a bowl.
2. Mix them well to make a uniform mixture.
3. Meanwhile make a soft whole wheat flour dough, using all the ingredients and keep it aside, covered.
4. Now take a piece of dough, roll out a small circle of it. take it in your palm and put the stuffing in the center of the rolled out dough.
5. Bring all the edges together and seal them, Now by applying a little pressure with your fingers press the edges down to make a flat disc shaped ball. Now dust the rolling board with some wheat flour. Gently roll the stuffed dough with a rolling pin. Make sure that the parathas do not break.
6. Now put the rolled spring onion paratha on a hot griddle and pan toast/cook them with ghee or refined oil till you see some brown spots. Press the paratha edges gently, while cooking. so that it shouldn’t be raw at edges. Cook from both sides in the same way.
7. Your yummy and melt in the mouth Spring onions and Cheese Parathas are ready to serve. Serve them hot with the dip of your choice and enjoy.
1. I have cooked these parathas in butter, if you want you can also cook them in any refined oil or vegetable oil or ghee and even olive oil but like any other parathas, these also tastes best with butter.
2. Please increase or decrease the amount of black pepper powder, green chillies and salt, as per your taste.