Spinach Potato Cutlets or Fritters are the awesome snacks that can be served anytime. It does have some nutritional value also as it contains Spinach in it. It is made with very few ingredients and tastes delightful. You can have it as an evening or a morning snack or it can be taken as a starter. Presenting my version of this very lovely dish which is liked by all age groups.
Spinach Potato Cutlets Ingredients:
6 medium sized Potatoes, cleaned, boiled, peeled and mashed well
300 gm Spinach leaves
2 tablespoon of fresh Green Coriander, cleaned and freshly chopped
1 tablespoon of Red Chili flakes
1/2 teaspoon of roasted Cumin (Jeera) powder
1/4 teaspoon of Garam Masala powder
Salt as per taste
1 tablespoon of Cornflour
Oil for frying (I have used Sunflower Oil)
Spinach Potato Cutlets Method:
1. Clean the Spinach leaves by removing the bottom area of stems including roots such that only leaves and 1 and a half inch of the stem is left. Wash thoroughly in water twice to ensure all leaves are foreign material free. Put these washed fresh Spinach leaves in a heated pot on a medium flame.
2. Stir it continuously for 1 and a half minute on medium flame or till all Spinach leaves get partially cooked or blanched as shown in the below picture.
3. Place blanched leaves into a strainer for 2 minutes so that water produced by Spinach is strained out.
4. Take the cooked/blanched leaves into chopping board and chop them as shown in below picture.
5. In a bowl, place these chopped Spinach leaves together with mashed Potatoes, Red Chili Flakes, Roasted Cumin (Jeera) powder, Garam Masala powder, Salt as per taste and chopped green Coriander.
6. Mix all the ingredients together with a light hand such that all things get combined together. Do not mix it too much or with rough hands as the mixture will get liquidy from the water released by Spinach on mixing aggressively.
7. Now take the Cornflour and spread it on a plate. Take a small amount of mixture into your hand and roll it gently to make round ball, then put the ball on a plate with Cornflour and roll it in the plate such that surface area of the ball is covered with the flour as shown below in the picture.
8. Gently press the ball so that it becomes slightly flat and place it on a clean plate.
8 (a) Repeat the step 7 and 8 with reaming mixture till we have all the balls ready. I made 12 balls out of it but you can make more or less by decreasing and increasing the amount in a ball.
9. Put these balls in a heated frying pan on medium heat.
10. Flip it once when the side of balls inside the oil gets light brown in color and fry it till the other side turns golden brown also.
Absolutely yummy and delicious Spinach Potato Cutlets or Fritters are ready to be served. Serve it with Tomato Ketchup or Mint Chutney or Yogurt or any condiment of your choice and enjoy them hot, with a cup of Tea or a Chai.
Also, do subscribe our YouTube Channel by clicking on subscribe button for delicious recipe videos.
Cheers, and do like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/VegetariansDelight to get updates on our latest recipes.