Pineapple Jam is very easy to make and taste delicious with Breads,Buns and Parantha. Your kids will love this preservatives and artificial colors free Jam. You can make it in summer when fresh Pineapples are available in abundance.
Pineapple is very healthy and nutritious fruit, it is low in calorie ( 1 cup of Pineapple contains around 80 calories) and high in Vitamin C that boost immunity. Its also very rich in fiber which aids digestion and it contains Bromelain, an enzyme that reduces inflammation and may help in Arthritis. Its also rich in Manganese which is good for your bones. Pineapple Jam is the best way you can serve this super fruit to your kids and toddler.
1 medium sized Pineapple, cleaned, peeled and chopped roughly ( It will result in about 2 and 1/2 cups of Pineapple chunks)
1 cup of granulated white Sugar
1 Lemon ( or 1 tablespoon of freshly squeezed Lemon juice)
1. Take a medium sized Pineapple, clean, peel and chop it roughly as shown in the below image.
2. Put all the chopped Pineapple in a blender Jar and blend it to make a smooth paste.
3. Now in a heated pan add the pureed Pineapple along with granulated Sugar on a medium low flame.
4. Keep it on medium flame and keep stirring it in between. Keep it cooking till it reaches the thick consistency and almost getting set. To know whether you Jam is set or not there are many ways such as drop test, wrinkle test etc. I generally use wrinkle test, which requires a cool plate chilled in Freezer for at least five minutes. To test put few drops of Pineapple Jam from heating pan onto the plate. After few seconds, push the Jam from your finger, if its surface wrinkles then its ready to be set, otherwise repeat the step after 2-3 minutes again.
5. When your Jam passes the wrinkle test, add Lemon juice and mix it well for a minute and turn the heat off.
Store it in Jar or any other container and let it cool. Very tasty Pineapple Jam is ready to be spread on Breads, Buns, Parantha or Poori. Do try this simple Jam recipe and enjoy the real taste of Pineapple.