Paneer makhmali is easy and quick to make. You can make this dish in 20-25 minutes only. It is a rich, creamy, mildly spiced and velvety smooth dish, so I named it paneer makhmali.
Yesterday suddenly some guests arrived and I realized I don’t even have onions and tomatoes in my kitchen, so I decided to do an experiment and it was super hit. They liked and appreciated this recipe a lot.
Though this dish may be high in carbs and calorie count, but sometimes it’s perfectly okay to have some extra calories in your meal, if the recipe is sinfully awesome. You can combine this dish with any bread or rice variety as it will go well with them.
For this dish i have not used any coloring agents not even turmeric. The color you can see is of organic red tomatoes and kashmiri red chilies only, as both are well known to impart a beautiful red color to their dishes.
Paneer- 200 gms, cubed
Ginger- 1.5 inch piece, finely grated
Garlic- 4-5 cloves, finely chopped or minced
Tomatoes- 2, medium size, pureed
Green Chilies- 1, to be pureed along with tomatoes
Cashew Nuts- 1/2 cup, blanched and pureed
Fresh Cream- 1/4 cup
Kasoori Methi- 2 teaspoon
Garam Masala- 1 teaspoon
Kashmiri Red Chili Powder- 1/2 teaspoon
Cumin Powder- 1/4 teaspoon
Salt- As per your taste
Bay Leaves- 2
Butter- 1.5 tablespoon
Olive Oil- 1 tablespoon
1. Lets start with washing and then grinding the tomatoes and green chilies into a smooth paste using a grinder.
2. Heat butter and olive oil in a pan.
3. Add bay leaves and saute for 1-2 minutes over medium flame. You can sense a nice aroma around you.
4. Add ginger and garlic and mix well. Saute over medium flame for 2 minutes or till the raw aroma goes away. Be careful don’t overcook or burn them.
5. Add tomato-green chili puree and mix well. Saute over low flame for 3-5 minutes.
6. Add cumin powder, red chili powder and kasoori methi.
7. Mix well and saute for another 2-3 minutes. when you can see the fat releasing from masala add cashew paste and mix well.
8. Add salt now and mix well.
9. Add fresh cream. Saute over low flame for 2-3 minutes.
10. Add water to adjust the gravy, let it get a boil or two. Add garam masala powder.
11. Simmer the gravy for 2-3 minutes with the lid closed.
12. Add paneer cubes and mix well. Cook only for further 1-2 minutes.
13. Serve hot and enjoy.