Paneer Aloo Tikka for fasting is a great healthy snack to eat during fasting period. Its very simple and easy to make, The recipe preparation can be done in much advance. It has goodness of fresh Cheese (Paneer) and Yogurt which will keep your hunger pangs at bay during fasting. And, seriously it tastes amazing, I have posted below step by step recipe with pictures to make this Paneer Aloo Tikka for fasting( although you can very easily make it on regular days also) below, do try!
Paneer Aloo Tikka for Fasting Ingredients:
4 small sized Potatoes or 3 medium sized Potatoes
200 gm fresh Cheese (Paneer)
1 cup of thick Yogurt (Dahi)
2 tablespoon of chopped fresh green Coriander (Hara Dhania)
1 tablespoon of chopped fresh Mint (Pudina) leaves
1 and 1/2 tablespoon of Oil (I have used refined Peanut Oil)
A teaspoon of roasted Cumin seeds (Jeera) powder
1 teaspoon of Red Chili powder
1 teaspoon of Coriander (Dhania) seeds powder
1/4 teaspoon of Turmeric (Haldi) powder
Rock Salt (Sendha Namak) as per taste
Paneer Aloo Tikka for Fasting Ingredients:
1. Wash thoroughly all potatoes and then boil them in sufficient water for about 12-15 minutes. Note that we need to boil potatoes to the level such that they are almost cooked (al dente). They should be cooked and also firm. Avoid making the potatoes mushy, as completely cooked potatoes will break while inserting them in skewer.
This can be tested by inserting a knife in a potato, if it goes inside easily and comes out with ease also, then switch off the flame. Another way to check potatoes by cutting them using a knife, if they get diced without applying pressure, then they ready for marination.
2. Dice almost cooked potatoes into medium size chunks and then peel them with the help of your knife. The skin of diced potatoes will come out very easily as shown in the picture below.
3. Similarly, cut the fresh cheese (Paneer) into medium size chunks as shown the in picture below.
4. Now, let start preparing marinade of Paneer Aloo Tikka. For that we need to use hung Curd which can be prepared in advance, and is super easy to make.
Take yogurt in a clean muslin cloth. Yogurt (Dahi) should be fresh and not too sour. Tie a knot and hang it in a cool dry place for at least 1 hours, the more you will hang it tightly, the more it will be creamier and thick. In excessive summers you can also hang this yogurt in refrigerator also, it will prevent it from getting sour. Place a bowl or pot below it to collect the whey that will drip. Once done the hung curd will look like the picture below.
One cup of yogurt will yield about 1/2 a cup of hung curd.
5. Take the hung curd in a bowl.
6. Add coriander seeds (Dhania) powder, roasted Cumin seeds (Jeera) powder, Turmeric powder, red Chili powder and Rock Salt (Sendha Namak) as per taste into the hung curd.
7. Mix all thing together to form a smooth paste.
8. Add chopped fresh Coriander leaves and Mint leaves into it, and mix all things well.
9. Add Potatoes and fresh Cheese (Paneer) in it.
10. Gently mix well so that the marinade completely coats both Paneer and Potatoes. Cover the mixture with a lid and allow it to marinade for minimum of 2 hours. The more time you leave the mixture for marination the Tikka will be more delicious. Usually I prepare the marination in morning and make them in the evening.
11. If you are using wooden skewers (like me) then soak them in water for 2 hours before use.
12. Arrange all the skewers in the same way and keep them aside on a baking tray covered with Aluminium foil. Placing Aluminium foil will keep your baking tray clean. Meanwhile preheat the oven at 200 degree Centigrade.
13. Bake marinated Paneer Aloo Tikka into the oven, preheated at 200 degree Centigrade for 15 minutes first. Take them out and flip them such that sides Paneer Aloo Tikka which were at top goes to bottom, again pop them into the oven for 15 minutes at 200 degree centigrade.
After 15 minutes take them out. Delicious and easy to make Paneer Aloo Tikkas are ready to be served with fasting chutney of your choice. This is one healthy fasting snack which you will not regret eating. do try, its really yum.
You can also Pan toast these beautiful Paneer Aloo Tikka on a non stick pan instead of baking it and trust me they will taste equally awesome. For cooking tikka on a griddle (or Tava) refer to our Tava Paneer Tikka recipe
Cheers and do like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/VegetariansDelight to get updates on our latest recipes.