Onion and Cheese Sandwich is a perennial favorite breakfast recipe of my family. Me and my hubby we both just love it. A filling of onions and melt in the mouth mozzarella cheese, seasoned with aromatic and delightful Italian spices like oregano, and garlic herb seasoning, is an ideal breakfast offering.
Soft melted cheese inside and crisp, buttery toast outside…..ummmmmm yummy…!!! Just accompany this Onion and Cheese Sandwich with tomato ketchup or chili sauce and a hot cup of tea and voilla your delicious breakfast menu is ready to be enjoyed both on hectic weekdays and the lazy weekends as well.
Crispiness of onions, flavors of spices, hotness of chili flakes when combines with the oozing out melted mozzarella makes it a divine experience to indulge in. Well, I don’t promise you that this is the best sandwich recipe , but I urge you to give this humble yet satisfying sarnie a try. It’s worth it… and I am pretty sure that you won’t want to brush your teeth after enjoying this delicious yet super easy to make Onion and Cheese Sandwich.
So let’s start making Onion and Cheese Sandwich and here is the step by step recipe with pictures.
White Bread- 8 slices
Butter- As required
Onion- 1 cup (finely chopped)
Mozzarella Cheese- 1 cup (Chips or finely grated)
Red Chili Flakes- 1 teaspoon
Oregano- 1.5 teaspoon
Garlic Herb Seasoning- 1 teaspoon
Salt- As per your taste
1. In a mixing bowl take finely chopped onions and mozzarella cheese together.
2. Add salt, red chili flakes, oregano, garlic herb seasoning in it and mix well.
3. Keep it aside and now take a bread slice and evenly spread butter over it.
4. Place onion-cheese filling over it.
5. Apply butter on other bread slice too and place that bread slice over it. Adding butter is strictly optional and you can skip it if you don’t want to add those extra calories in your sandwich. Now heat the grill pan and place prepared sandwich in it.
6. Grill it for 4-5 minutes or even for more time if you want your sandwich more crisp and the grill marks more prominent. Take out of the grill maker and serve in a plate.
7. Don’t worry if you don’t have a grill maker you can easily make these sandwiches on your tawa (girdle) too. Just hea the tawa and when hot, condition it with some butter. Wipe out extra butter with a napkin.Now place prepared sandwiches over it and on low medium flame toast them for 5-6 minutes from both sides (2-3 minutes from each side). Make sure the flame should be low-medium else they will turn brown quickly but they will not be crisp.
8. When they are nice brown and crisp turn the flame off and remove the prepared sandwiches from the tawa. Cut them diagonally and serve hot with any sauce or ketchup of your choice. I always prefer to enjoy them with tomato ketchup and my cup of green tea.
Cheers and do like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/VegetariansDelight to get updates on our latest recipes.