Mix Vegetables Paratha is one of my personal favorite paratha as this paratha contains goodness of so many vegetables in it. Its a delicious and nutritious paratha prepared with lots of fresh vegetables and wheat flour. Its a perfect treat for kids and all those who don’t like to eat vegetables alone. Just saute all the veggies of your choice, mix them with flour, knead the aata and make parathas, its so simple.
It can also be packed for lunch as it remains soft for many hours. Perfect for kid’s breakfast and lunch box. This paratha is so healthy and yet so yummy. It contains so many vegetables that it does not even requires any side dish. Season it with some spices and enjoy it with a piece of pickle or plain curd.
So let’s start making Mix Vegetables Paratha. Here is the step by step recipe with pictures.
Whole Wheat Flour- 1.5 cups
Carrot- 1/4 cup, finely chopped
French Beans- 1/4 cup, finely chopped
Cauliflower- 1/4 cup, finely chopped
Capsicum- 1/4 cup, finely chopped
Onion- 1 medium size, finely chopped
Asafoetida- A pinch
Cumin/Jeera- 1 teaspoon
Salt- As per your taste
Red Chili Flakes- 2 teaspoon
Mixed Spices Powder/Garam Masala- 1/2 teaspoon
Dry Mango powder/Amchoor- 1/2 teaspoon
Butter/Refined Oil- 1 tablespoon to saute vegetables + for cooking parathas
1. Take butter or refined oil in a pan and add asafoetida and cumin to it, mix well and when cumin starts cracking add onion into it and mix well.
2. Saute for 2-3 minutes only. Add all the vegetables and mix well.
3. Add salt, red chili flakes and garam masala and mix well. keep cooking on medium flame stirring occasionally.
4. Saute for further 2-3 minutes. Don’t overcook vegetables or make them very soft. Just stir fry them so they are not raw and yet retain their crunch. Turn off the flame and take out vegetables in a bowl and allow them to cool down before proceeding for further steps.
5. Now in a big bowl take wheat flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, amchoor and the vegetable mix.
6. Knead a soft dough using water as per the requirements and grease it with a little oil. Allow the dough to rest for 5-7 minutes.
7. Divide the dough in equal portions. Take out one portion and by circular motion of your palms roll it in a small ball like shape.
8. Dust it with some flour and with the help of a rolling pin, roll into a round shape chapati. Don’t make the chapati too thin, keep it medium sized.
9. Heat a girdle and cook this paratha from one side. As brown spots starts appearing, flip it over and cook from other side too.
10. Now apply some butter and again cook from both sides.
11. Hot,tasty and healthy parathas are ready to serve. serve them with curd, pickle or any sauce or dip of your choice.
Note: You can use any vegetables of your choice in this paratha.