Kacche Kele ke Kebab (Raw Banana Kebabs) recipe with step by step pictures
Kacche Kele ke kebab or Raw Banana Kebab is very nice and delicious snack that can be enjoyed with tea or any other drink. One can put it between bread and eat it as a sandwich or it can be used as a Patty for a Burger. It has a royal texture and melts in mouth with rich flavors.
Kacche Kele ke Kebab Ingredients:
2 raw Bananas
1/2 a cup of split Bengal gram (Chana Dal)
1/2 of the medium size Potato or a small Potato
1/2 teaspoon of Kashmiri Red Chili (Degi Mirch) powder
1/2 teaspoon of Cumin (Jeera) powder
2 tablespoon of chopped fresh Green Coriander (Hara Dhaniya) leaves
1 tablespoon of chopped fresh Mint leaves (Pudina)
1/2 teaspoon of Garam Masala powder
1 medium sized Onion, cleaned, peeled and chopped
1/2 teaspoon of dry Mango (Amchoor) powder
Salt as per taste
1 tablespoon of Corn flour
1 tablespoon of clarified Butter (Ghee)
Refined oil for frying ( I have used Sunflower Oil)
Kacche Kele ke Kebab Method:
1. Heat clarified Butter (Ghee) in a Pan and add chopped Onions into it.
2. Saute Onions till they turn brown in color over medium slow flame stirring occasionally. This is very important as slow cooked sauteed onions give nice flavor to the Kebabs.
3. Soak split Bengal gram (Chana Dal) for an hour and boil it in a pan with 2 cups of water till they get cooked. To check whether Chana Dal is cooked lightly press the Dal with your finger and if it gets mashed, then its done. Drain the excess water from Chana Dal and put it into a Grinder along with sauteed Onions.
4. Grind the mixture till it becomes a smooth paste as shown in the picture below.
5. Meanwhile, boil Potato also, put raw Bananas in a pressure cooker with around half a cup of water and pressure cook them on medium flame till we hear two whistles from the cooker. Allow both Potato and Bananas to get cool down. Once cooled, peel both of them.
6. Now mash Potato and Bananas so that there are no lump left and put them in a bowl along with split Bengal gram (Chana Dal)-Onion paste, chopped fresh Green Coriander, chopped fresh Mint (Pudina), Kashmiri Red Chili (Degi Mirch) powder, Cumin(Jeera) powder, Garam Masala powder, dry Mango (Amchoor) powder and Salt as per taste.
7. Mix all the ingredients so that everything gets blend together forming a uniform lump of dough. Now take small amount of mixture into your hand and roll it gently to make balls as shown in the picture below.
8. Take the Cornflour and spread it on a plate, then put a ball on a plate with Cornflour and roll it in the plate such that surface area of ball is covered with the flour. Repeat this process for all the balls prepared in step 7. Put these balls in a heated frying pan with oil in it on medium heat.Flip it once when the side of balls inside the oil gets light brown in color and fry it till the other side turns golden brown also.
Absolutely tasty and Royal Kacche Kele ke Kebab or raw Banana Kebabs are ready to be served. Serve them with Tomato Ketchup or Mint Chutney or Yogurt or any condiment of your choice and enjoy them hot, with a cup of Tea or a Chai.
Instead of deep frying the Kebabs, you can also shallow fry them on a flat non stick Pan or Tawa with very little oil, as all the ingredients in the mixture are already cooked. For shallow frying skip the step number 8, since we will not require Cornflour for coating it. Just put the readied balls in step 7 on a heated Oil greased pan or Tawa. Flip it once when the side of balls inside gets light brown in color and cook the other side till it turns golden brown also. This version of Kacche kele ke kebab consumes less oil and taste nice. Its your choice whether to deep fry them or shallow fry them.
Also, do subscribe our YouTube Channel by clicking on subscribe button for delicious recipe videos.
Cheers, and do like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/VegetariansDelight to get updates on our latest recipes.