Instant Gajar Halwa recipe with step by step pictures
We all love to eat Gajar ka Halwa, specially in winter season when bright red colored carrots are available in abundance. I still remember my mother making it regularly in winters in large quantity when I was young, as it was a ritual in our family to serve it to everyone (including guests) on daily basis. Traditional way of making Gajar ka Halwa is a time taking and laborious task. I have always thought of instant Gajar Halwa recipe and after many trials, arrived at super fast way of making it, which is no way less delicious and richer than the Halwa which is made using traditional way. If you have grated the carrots, then it would take less than 20 minutes to make this Gajar ka Halwa. Presenting below, my take on this Halwa recipe, do try.
Instant Gajar Halwa Ingredients:
Grated carrots – 2 cups
Clarified butter (ghee) – 2 and 1/2 tablespoons
Milk – 1/4th cup
Granulated sugar – 1/4th cup
Milk powder – 1/2 cup
Chopped almonds (Badam) – 2 tablespoon
Chopped cashew nuts (Kaju) – 2 tablespoon
Raisins (Kishmish) – 2 tablespoons
Cardamom (Elaichi) powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Instant Gajar Halwa Method:
1. First you need to peel, clean and grate carrots with a grater. It should amount to 2 cups of grated carrots. If the quantity of grated carrots is large then you have to increase the ratio of the ingredients accordingly. For example, if you end up with three cups of grated carrots, then you need to multiply the quantity of each ingredients by 1.5 amount.
2. Now place pressure cooker on a high flame and put clarified butter or ghee into it. Wait for few seconds, so that clarified butter or ghee gets hot enough.
3. On high flame, add grated carrots into the pressure cooker and saute them well for about a minute by stirring the mixture continuously on high flame.
4. Pour 1/4th cup of the milk in it and give it a quick mix. Immediately after pressure cook them on high flame till we hear one whistle from the cooker. Immediately switch the flame to low and cook it for exactly one more minute and then switch off the flame.
5. Allow the pressure to subside by keeping it aside. When pressure gets released, open the lid of the pressure Cooker.
6. Immediately add granulated sugar and switch on the flame to high. Give it a quick whisk.
7. Now at Milk powder into the mixture and mix it by constantly stirring it on medium flame till the powder is almost evenly mixed in the carrot and sugar mixture. It will take between one and two minute to mix it completely.
8. After that add chopped almonds (Badam) , cashew nuts (Kaju) and cardamom powder into it and mix it well for 15 seconds. After that, switch off the flame.
9. Allow the Halwa mixture to cool down a bit for few minutes.
Super Yummy and easy to make instant Gajar Halwa is ready to be gobbled up. I am sure your family would love this and never believe that you made this Gajar Halwa so fast. Trust me, how much in quantity you make this Gajar ka Halwa, it will get vanish in a day :-).
Cheers, and do like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/VegetariansDelight to get updates on our latest recipes.