Honey Chilli Potatoes is a crispy and delicious snack recipe that is very easy to prepare at home. Honey Chilli Potatoes is a very popular Indo-Chinese recipe that is full of flavors and is very easy to make. It gets its flavor from the sweet honey and the fiery hot chilies that combine well to give an absolute marvelous flavor. A treat for your taste buds.
So let’s start making Honey Chilli Potatoes and here is the step by step recipe with pictures.
Potatoes- 3 big
Cornflour- 3-4 tablespoon
Red Chili Powder- 1 teaspoon
Salt- A pinch
Oil- For deep frying
Honey- 1.5 tablespoon
Garlic- 4-5 cloves, minced
Red Chili Sauce- 3 Tsp
Sesame Oil- 2 teaspoon
Salt- As per your taste
Red Chili Flakes- 1 teaspoon or as per your taste
Capsicum- 1/2 cup (finely chopped)
Spring Onions- 1/4 cup + extra for garnishing (Optional)
Soy Sauce- 1/4 teaspoon
Water- 1/4 cup
Toasted Sesame Seeds- 1.5 teaspoon
1. Wash potatoes and peel them. Later cut them into thick wedges or french fries and keep them aside.
2. In a mixing bowl take cornflour and add red chili powder and salt in it.
3. Add potatoes and mix well.
4. Heat oil in a pan and deep fry cornflour coated potatoes.
5. Take them out on an absorbent paper to soak excess oil and keep them aside.
6. Heat sesame oil in a separate pan and add garlic in it. Saute over medium flame till the raw aroma of garlic goes away.
7. Add finely chopped capsicum to it and mix well. Saute over medium-high flame and for 2 minutes. Do not overcook capsicum else it will become soft and soggy. Let it retain its crunch.
8. Add red chili sauce in it and mix it well.
9. Add soy sauce and mix it again. Saute over medium flame for a minute.
10. Add honey and mix well.
11. Add water, spring onions (Optional, I haven’t used) and mix it well. Allow it to cook an reduce over medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
12. Now you will see the sauce has become thick. Season it with salt and red chili flakes. Mix it well and simmer it for another 1 minute.
13. Add deep-fried potatoes and mix well.
14. Cook for a minute and turn off the flame.
15. Honey chili potatoes are ready to serve. Garnish them with spring onions (Optional, I haven’t used) and toasted sesame seeds (I forgot… LOL I know its funny but I forgot) and serve them. Enjoy…..
HAPPY COOKING AND ENJOY EATING…..!!!!!