Gajar Matar Ki Sabzi (Indian style carrots and peas stir fry) recipe with step by step pictures.
There something about the combination of carrots and peas which make Gajar Matar Ki Sabzi a super yum and delicious side dish. Gajar Matar Ki Sabzi is very easy to make and requires very few ingredients. This is my son’s favorite side dish and if you are in hurry then you can make this Gajar Matar recipe very quickly and enjoy it with Parantha, Poori or Roti. Presenting below, my take on this super tasty Sabzi, do try 🙂
Gajar Matar Ki Sabzi Ingredients:
Carrots (Gajar) – About 3 medium sized, it will amount to 1 and 1/2 cups of peeled, cleaned and roughly chopped carrots
Fresh green peas (Hari Matar) – 1 and 1/2 cups, you can also use frozen peas if fresh peas are not available
Oil – 2 tablespoons, I have used refined sunflower oil but you can use any oil of your choice.
Cumin seeds (Jeera) – 1 teaspoon
Onion – 1 medium sized, peeled, cleaned and chopped
Green chilies (Hari Mirch) – 1
Ginger (Adrak) – Around 1 and 1/2 inch cube, cleaned, peeled and grated or finely chopped
Salt – as per taste
Garam Masala powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Dry mango ( Amchoor) powder – 1/22 teaspoon
Water – 1 cup or more for cooking vegetables, as required
Gajar Matar Ki Sabzi Method:
1. In a heated pan with oil in it, add cumin seeds (Jeera), allow them to get little brownish on a medium-high flame, it will take about 20 seconds.
2. Now add chopped onions to it, mix it well and saute onions on medium-low flame till they turn light golden brown in color.
3. Add chopped green chilies and grated ginger into it. Mix it well for about 30 seconds on a medium flame.
4. Add Turmeric (Haldi) powder to it and mix it well for 15 to 20 seconds on a medium-low flame.
5. Add chopped carrots and green peas into it. Add salt as per taste and mix all things well.
6. Add water to it. Cover the pan with the lid and cook for about 10-12 minutes on the medium-low flame, stirring occasionally till both carrots and peas are cooked completely.
7. Add dry Mango powder (Amchoor) and Garam Masala powder in it and mix it well for a minute.
8. Add cleaned and chopped green coriander (Hara Dhania) into it and mix all things. Switch off the flame after 30 seconds.
9. Super simple and absolutely delicious Gajar Matar Ki Sabzi is ready.
Serve this delicious side dish with Roti, Parantha or Poori.
Cheers, and do like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/VegetariansDelight to get updates on our latest recipes.