Eggless Tutti Frutti Biscuits recipe with its step by step pictures. Learn how to make kids all time favorite tutti frutti biscuits at home.
The Eggless Tutti Frutti Biscuits or Cookies are mildly sweet and colorful cookies made especially for the upcoming holiday season. With the festive and holiday seasons ringing the bells these are very easy to make and a keeper cookie recipe for it. These are very delicious, easy and colorful biscuits or cookies for the festive season.
Tutti Frutti is a candied fruit made from raw papaya using different edible colors to make them colorful and these Eggless Tutti Frutti Biscuits or cookies are so colorful and delicious that your kids will surely like it. Tutti Frutti is very popular in India and is widely used in many confectionery recipes like cakes, biscuits, ice creams, cookies etc and since they are so colorful that kids easily get attracted to them.
I have used Vanilla essence in this recipe to flavor these biscuits however you can use any other flavoring agent too as per your taste but vanilla goes best with these biscuits. For more Tutti Frutti recipes click here.
So let’s start making Eggless Tutti Frutti Biscuits or Cookies and here is the step by step recipe with pictures.
Ingredients to make Eggless Tutti Frutti Biscuits:
All Purpose Flour (Maida)- 1.5 cup
Butter- 1 stick + extra for greasing
Vanilla Essence- 1 teaspoon
Red Tutti Frutti- 1 tablespoon
Green Tutti Frutti- 1 tablespoon
Yellow Tutti Frutti- 1 tablespoon
Powdered Sugar- 3/4 cup
Baking Powder- 1 teaspoon
Baking Soda- 1/2 teaspoon
Method of making Eggless Tutti Frutti Biscuits:
1. Sieve All purpose Flour, Powdered Sugar, and Baking Powder together in a big mixing bowl and add chilled butter in it. Please make sure that butter is chilled before using as it enhances the texture of the biscuits.
2. Gently crumble and mix the butter into the flour mixture. It will resemble the texture of bread crumbs. Don’t over rub or mix the mixture as the excess of kneading or mixing will release gluten from all purpose flour and your biscuits will become very dense and hard after baking.
3. Add vanilla essence and all tutti frutti in the flour mix.
4. Gently and delicately mix it.
5. To check whether it is ready or not take a small portion of the dough and keep it in your palm and press it with your fingers if it binds well then it is ready.
6. Now keep a cling sheet on a uniform surface and spread biscuit mixture over it. Seal the edges tightly and roll it to form a log. Refrigerate it for 2-3 hours.
7. Take it out from the refrigerator and remove the cling wrap from it.
8. Cut even size biscuits using a sharp knife and arrange them on a greased baking tray.
9. Keep the baking tray in the oven and bake the biscuits at 180 degrees C for 20-25 minutes. As you know your oven better please adjust the baking time as per the size, capacity, and model of your oven.
10. After 20-25 minutes take the baking tray out of the oven and allow it to cool for 5 minutes. Don’t touch your biscuits now as they will be very soft and delicate at this stage.
11. Take out all the biscuits from the baking tray and arrange them on a wired rack to cool down completely.
12. Yummy, crispy and delicious Eggless tutti frutti biscuits are ready to serve. Enjoy with your tea or coffee.
Cheers, and do like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/VegetariansDelight to get updates on our latest recipes.