Eggless strawberry banana cake recipe with step by step pictures
Strawberry banana cake (eggless) is one of my favorite way of incorporating super delicious seasonal strawberries in a dessert. This cake is super moist, dense in texture. Strawberries in it impart a nice gooey, sweet and tangy taste to it. Recipe of eggless strawberry banana cake is super easy to make and I love to bake them for my friends and family when strawberries are in season. In India typical strawberry season starts in November and ends in March or by mid of the April. Which is different from American and European region where its regarded as summer berry.
Strawberry is great source of Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Folic Acid, Magnesium, Potassium and Fibers. Its red color is because of high amount of flavanoids and phytonutrients. It has high antioxidants content and is good for your heart and stomach. Eggless strawberry banana cake is a great way to introduce your kids and toddler to this wonderful fruit. Presenting below, step by step recipe of super yummy eggless strawberry banana cake, do try 🙂
Eggless strawberry banana cake Ingredients:
1 cup ~ 240 ml approximately
All purpose four (Maida) – 1 and 1/2 cups
Cornflour – 1 tablespoon
Baking soda – 3/4 teaspoon
Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
Salt – a pinch
Refined oil – 1/3 cup, I have used refined Sunflower oil
Granulated sugar – 3/4 cup
Ripe bananas – 3 medium sized
Milk – 1/2 Cup
Vanilla extract or essence – 1 teaspoon
Synthetic Vinegar – 1/2 teaspoon
Fresh strawberries – 1 cup chopped in quantity. You can use frozen strawberries (thawed and drained) as well.
1/2 teaspoon of butter or oil for greasing the baking tin
Eggless strawberry banana cake Method:
1. First we need to cut the crown of the strawberries and then roughly chop them into 3 to 5 pieces depending upon the size of strawberries. Once chopped keep them aside for later use.
2. Sift together all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, cornflour and salt through a large sieve such that all things gets mixed together evenly.
3. This will ensure that no lump is present in the flour which can really make the cake bad. Also, this will make the flour more airy and homogeneous which will help the cake in rising evenly.
4. In a bowl take ripe bananas. Bananas should be just ripe and not over ripe.
5. Mash them using a masher or fork to make a smooth banana puree or paste. You can blend them as well.
6. Grease the baking pan with butter or oil and preheat the oven at 180 degree Centigrade or 350 degree Fahrenheit.
7. Add granulated sugar in the bowl with mashed banana puree and give it a quick whisk.
8. Add milk and refined oil into the mixture. The milk should be at room temperature. Now mix or whisk the mixture continuously till all things are mixed and granulated sugar is dissolved completely in the mixture. This will take few minutes.
9. Now add vanilla essence or extract and synthetic vinegar (plain white vinegar) into it, and give it a quick whisk.
10. Add sieved mixture of all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, cornflour and salt into it.
11. Gently mix it in the mixture, just mix it enough so that all things comes together. Do not over mix or whisk the batter which can release the glutton in flour and turn your cake really bad.
12. Keep aside around 15 to 18 pieces of chopped strawberries ( which will be places on top of the cake before baking it), add remaining chopped strawberries into the cake batter.
13. Lightly or gently fold them using a spatula, make sure that you don’t over mix it.
14. Gently pour the batter in the greased baking tray.
15. Garnish the cake mixture by placing remaining 15-18 diced strawberry pieces evenly on top of the cake. Bake the mixture for around 35-40 minutes at 180 degree Centigrade or until cake is cooked completely. This can vary depending on your oven, weather and baking dish size.
To check whether the cake is cooked completely, test it by inserting a tooth pick, If it comes out clean, its done and if batter sticks to it then bake for another 5-7 minutes. Check again and if done then take it out from the oven.
16. Take the cake out of the oven.
17. After taking it out from oven and removing it from baking dish. Keep it aside to cool down completely.
Once cooled, your eggless strawberry banana cake is ready to be served. Delicious, moist and full of natural flavors of berries, eggless strawberry banana cake slices are delight to eat and they are loved by all..
Cheers and do like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/VegetariansDelight to get updates on our latest recipes.