Eggless chocolate cake recipe with step by step pictures
One of my all-time favorite cake recipes is of chocolate cake. I have always loved eating a slice of chocolate cake, whether its store-bought or homemade. Two decades back, when I started baking cakes at home, my first achievement was to bake a chocolate cake without using eggs, and I made it by replacing sugar and eggs with a can of condensed milk. Although the cake was a bit dense it was super moist and yummy. I have come a long way from baking cakes in a gas tandoor, convection microwave to finally in an oven. And, during this process, tweaked my all-time favorite eggless chocolate cake recipe so that its moist, rich, fluffy and full of flavors. Presenting below, my take on this super easy chocolate cake recipe, do try.
Eggless Chocolate Cake Ingredients:
All purpose flour (Maida) – 1 and 1/2 cups
Cornflour – 1 tablespoon
Baking Soda -1 teaspoon
Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
Cocoa powder – 3 and 1/2 tablespoons
Instant Coffee powder – 1 teaspoon
Salt – a pinch
Refined Oil – 1/3 cup, I have used refined Sunflower Oil
Powdered Sugar – 1 Cup, (You can prepare this by grinding 3/4th cup of Granulated Sugar)
Fresh Yogurt (Dahi) – 1/2 Cup
Milk – 1/2 Cup
Vanilla extract or essence – 1 teaspoon
Synthetic Vinegar – 1 teaspoon
Eggless Chocolate Cake Method:
1. Heat 1/2 cup of Milk so that it gets warm enough (you can Microwave it for a minute also) and add 1 teaspoon of Instant Coffee in it.
2. Mix it well and keep the mixture aside to cool it down.
3. Sift together all purpose flour, baking powder, and baking soda, cocoa powder, cornflour and salt through a large sieve such that all things get mixed together evenly.
4. This will also ensure that no lump is present in the flour which can really make the cake bad.
5. Grease the baking pan with Butter or Oil and preheat the Oven to 180 degree Centigrade or 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
6. Add powdered sugar and refined oil in a large bowl.
7. Add fresh yogurt (Dahi) into it.
8. Mix(Whisk) all things well to form a smooth paste.
9. Add cooled down coffee and milk mixture into it.
10. Give it a quick mix.
11. Add vanilla essence or extract into it.
12. Then add synthetic vinegar into it and give it a quick whisk.
13. Add the sieved mixture of all-purpose flour, baking powder, and baking soda, cocoa powder, cornflour and salt into it.
14. Gently mix it in the mixture, just mix it enough so that all things come together. Do not over mix or whisk the batter which can release the gluten in the flour and turn your cake really bad.
16. Gently pour the batter into the baking tray and bake the mixture for around 35-40 minutes at 180 degrees Centigrade or until cake is cooked completely. This can vary depending on your oven and baking dish size.
17. Take the cake out of the Oven.
18. After taking it out from Oven and removing it from baking dish. Keep it aside to cool down completely.
Once cooled, your eggless chocolate cake is ready to be served. Delicious, moist and fluffy eggless chocolate cake slices are a delight to eat and they are loved by all especially little ones.
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel by clicking here
Do watch our delicious eggless chocolate cake video recipe below:
Cheers, and do like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/VegetariansDelight to get updates on our latest recipes.