Eggless Chocolate Brownies with their step by step recipe. First of all I would like to wish all of you Merry Christmas. Brownies are flat (I mean not spongy like cakes) dessert that you can say is across between a cake and a cookie. It tastes best when accompanied with a cup of tea or coffee. You can often accompany it with vanilla ice cream and drizzle it with some hot chocolate sauce and it will result into a dessert to die for.
Depending upon the thickness of the brownie batter it may be fudgy, gooey, dense or chewy. My brownie batter is neither too thick and nor too thin and the result is gooey, fudgy nice brownies.
I have added walnuts in my brownie to give them a crunchy texture. However you can add any nuts of your choice or you can also use mixed nuts. You can even add chocolate chips in the brownie mix if you want your brownie to be more chocolaty. But they will taste good in any way. Your perfect partner in the upcoming festive season.
So let’s start making Eggless Chocolate Brownies and here is the step by step recipe with pictures.
All Purpose Flour (Maida)- 150gm
Dark Chocolate Compound- 1/4 cup
Butter- 1/3 cup
Condensed Milk- 200gms
Curd- 50 gm
Baking Powder- 1 teaspoon
Vanilla Essence-1 teaspoon
Walnuts- 1/3 cup (coarsely chopped)
1. In a big mixing bowl take condensed milk,vanilla essence and yogurt.
2. Mix it well using a whisker and keep it aside.
3. Meanwhile in a double boiler melt dark chocolate compound and butter together. Chocolate meltseasily when heated with butter,also butter gives a nice gloss to the chocolate.
4. It will take few minutes to melt chocolate completely. This is how chocolate will look after 2 minutes of heating over double boiler when it just starts melting with butter.
5. This is how chocolate looks when it melts completely.
6.Turn off the flame and remove the bowl of melted chocolate from the double boiler. Allow it to cool down completely and mean while sift all purpose flour and baking powder together in the condensed milk mix.
7.Add melted chocolate in this mixture.
8. Using a silicon spatula mix and fold all ingredients very gently and delicately into each other.
9. Add chopped walnuts in it and fold again delicately.
10. Grease a baking tray with butter.
11. Pour in the brownie batter in the baking tray and tap it twice to remove any air bubbles in it.
12. Keep the baking tray in a pre heated oven and bake it for 20-25minutes at 180 degree C. As I always say that you know your oven better, so adjust the time as per the capacity and size of your oven.
13. After 20 minutes insert a sharp knife in the brownie, if it comes out clean then brownie is ready and if not then bake it again for5 minutes and repeat the same procedure. Mine was ready in 20 minutes.
14. Take out the brownie from oven and allow it to cool down for 5-6 minutes.
15. Cut into desired shape and sprinkle some caster sugar over them. Delicious Eggless Chocolate Brownies are ready to serve. Enjoy them with a cup of tea or coffee or even with vanilla ice cream.