Eggless Date and Walnut cake is my all time favorite dessert. There something about this cake, probably the creaminess and rich flavors of Dates that makes it irresistible. We all know the great health benefits of Dates and Walnuts and, this cake is a wonderful way to introduce them to your kid’s diet. The rich and moist texture of the cake along with nice flavors of Dates and nutty texture of Walnuts makes this a delight to eat. Presenting my version of Eggless Date and Walnut cake recipe below.
Eggless Date and Walnut Cake Ingredients:
20 Dates (Khajoor)
1 cup of full cream Milk
1 cup of all purpose flour (Maida)
1 tablespoon of Baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of Baking soda ( Soda-bi-Carb/ Khane ka Soda/Meetha Soda)
1 tablespoon of Cornflour
1/4th cup of Yogurt (Dahi)
1/3 cup chopped Walnuts (Akhrot)
1 tablespoon of all-purpose flour (Maida) for dusting Walnuts
1/2 cup of refined Oil ( you can use Canola or any refined Oil, I have used Sunflower Oil)
3/4 cup of White Sugar
Eggless Date and Walnut Cake Method:
1. Heat 3/4th cup of Milk so that it gets warm enough (you can Microwave it for a minute also). Pour heated Milk over the Dates and allow them to soak the Milk for about two hours.
2. Sift together Flour, Baking powder and Baking Soda through a large Sieve such that all things get mixed together evenly.
3. This will also ensure that no lump is present in the flour which can really make the cake bad.
4. Place chopped Walnuts on a wooden base or a plate.
5. Sprinkle a tablespoon of flour into Walnuts and mix them together such that all the Walnut pieces get covered with a layer of flour. This will ensure that your nuts are evenly distributed in the final baked cake and prevent them from sinking at the bottom of the baking tray.
6. After two hours of soaking, we need to grind the Dates into a fine paste. If you are using dates with seeds then remove the seeds out of each Date before blending them.
7. Blend the Dates and Milk mixture to make fine and smooth Date puree.
8. Grease the baking pan with Butter or Oil and preheat the oven to 180-degrees Centigrade or 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
9. Add refined oil, White Sugar into Dates puree and blend it to form a smooth paste.
10. Place blended Sugar, Oil and Dates puree mixture in a large bowl and add Yogurt (Dahi) into it and give it a quick whisk.
11. Now pour remaining 1/4th cup of full cream milk into the mixture and whisk it again.
12. Add Flour, Baking powder and Baking Soda into the mixture.
13. Gently mix the flour in the mixture, just mix it enough so that all things come together. Do not over mix or whisk the batter which can release the glutton in flour and turn your cake really bad.
14. Add flour dusted chopped Walnuts into the mixture. Give a very gentle mix (or just fold the mixture with a spatula) for the last time.
15. Bake the mixture for around 40-45 minutes or until cake is cooked completely.
16. Take the cake out of the Oven.
17. After taking it out from oven and removing it from baking dish. Keep it aside to cool down completely.
Once cooled, your eggless Date and Walnut Cake is ready to be served to your friends and family. Do try this super yummy cake and trust me you are going to prepare it regularly.
Cheers, and do like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/VegetariansDelight to get updates on our latest recipes.