Dhania Thepla recipe with its step by step pictures. Thepla is an important part of Gujarati meals, and are best for regular meals, travelling, lunch boxes and for picnics too. It is best eaten with curds and chunda (sweet mango pickle made in Gujrat). You can even add other ingredients like methi and doodhi to this recipe and make different varieties of Thepla.
Here in this recipe I have added Fresh Coriander Leaves (Dhania in North India) in Thepla to try a new variant and believe me it was equally delicious and very refreshing.
Dhania Thepla is a must try lightly spiced paratha like (In North India) Indian flat-bread which is prepared using whole wheat flour, gram flour, salt, coriander leaves and other spices. Do try it once, I am sure you will love this variant of Thepla too.
So let’s start making Dhania Thepla and here is the step by step recipe with pictures.
Whole Wheat Flour- 1.5 cup + extra for dusting
Gram Flour- 1/2 cup
Green Coriander Leaves- 1/3 cup
Ginger- 1 inch piece (finely grated or paste)
Garlic- 3-4 thick cloves (minced or paste)
Fresh Yogurt- 1.5 tablespoon
Salt- As per your taste
Red Chili Powder- 1 teaspoon
Turmeric- 1/2 teaspoon
Asafoetida- 1/4 taspoon
Carom Seeds (Ajwain)- 1 teaspoon
Dried Mango Powder (Amchoor)- 1/2 teaspoon
Garam Masala- 1/2 teaspoon
Oil- 1 tablespoon + extra for cooking thepla
Lukewarm Water- As needed (to knead the dough)
1. Take whole wheat flour, gram flour and fresh coriander leaves in a big mixing bowl.
2. Add all other ingredients in it.
3. Gradually add lukewarm water and knead a soft dough and keep it aside for 10 minutes
4. Now take out a small portion from the dough.
5. Dust it with some flour and roll out in a chapati using a rolling pin.
6. Heat a girdle and put thepla over it. Cook till brown spots starts appearing.
7. Put some oil on both sides and cook well.
8. Make all the thepla in the same way and serve them hot with curd and Aam ka Choonda (a very famous Gujrati sweet mango pickle). Enjoy.
HAPPY COOKING AND ENJOY EATING…..!!!