Cream of Mushroom Soup recipe with its step by step pictures.
Cream of Mushroom Soup is one of my personal favorite soup after veg hot and sour and tomato soup. Its mild flavor makes it perfect for kids also. Though I am not very fond of creamy veggies soup, in contrast, I can relish it anytime. Yesterday when I was going through my blog, I realized I haven’t posted any soup recipe in it, so I decided to post this soup recipe. Now, the big challenge was how to make its recipe easier for my readers.
It was my second attempt to this recipe. In my first attempt, I tried making this recipe taking help from Google, though, it also tasted good but somehow, I was not completely satisfied with the results. So I decided to give this recipe another try, but this time in my way. So I made some alterations in the ingredients and cooking technique and the end result was just yummmmmm. A rich, creamy, smooth, and filling Cream of Mushroom Soup, just the way I like it. My hubby and my 5-year-old bundle of joy also enjoyed and relished it.
Mushrooms are my family’s favorite and I often make different recipes of it. If we go to dine out, then also we love to order mushroom curries and soup. Mushrooms are very nutritious. When harvested, an edible mushroom contains 92% of water and only 1% of fat. thus, making it a perfect choice for everyone, especially the diabetics and the weight watchers.
So let’s start making the Cream of Mushroom Soup and here is the step by step recipe with pictures.
Ingredients to make Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Button Mushrooms- 200 grams
- Onion- 1 medium size
- Garlic- 3-4cloves
- Butter- 1 teaspoon
- Parsley- 2 teaspoons, chopped
- Olive Oil- 2 tablespoons
- Vegetable Stock- 1.5 cups
- Nutmeg Powder- 1/4 teaspoon
- Black Pepper Powder- 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt- To taste
- Fresh Cream- 3/4 cup
- All-Purpose Flour- 1.5 tablespoons
Method of making Cream of Mushroom Soup
1. After cleaning and drying, slice the mushrooms. Also, chop the onions, garlic, and parsley.
2. Heat olive oil in a pan and add garlic in it.
3. Saute it for 30 seconds over medium flame. Be careful and don’t burn the garlic, else it will spoil the taste of the soup. Now add onions to it and mix well.
4. Saute till the onions turn translucent. Next, add parsley to it and saute for 30 seconds.
5. Now add sliced mushrooms. Reserve a few and saute them in butter (for garnish).
6. Saute till mushrooms start releasing water.
7. At this point add all purpose flour and mix it. Saute it for 20 seconds and add vegetable stock to it. In case, if you don’t have vegetable stock you can use water also. However, the vegetable stock will give a more distinct flavor.
8. Add nutmeg powder, black pepper powder, and salt to it. Now put the lid on and simmer it for 10 minutes.
9. Using an electric blender, blend it into a smooth puree. If you want to strain the soup you can strain it at this stage. However, I haven’t strained it.
10. Add cream and mix well. Also, check the seasonings and add more if required. Simmer it for another 2 minutes and turn the flame off.
11. Creamy, delicious, filling and rich Cream of Mushroom soup is ready to relish. Garnish it with some sliced and butter-sauteed mushrooms and parsley and serve it hot.
Cheers, and do like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/VegetariansDelight to get updates on our latest recipes.