Cinnamon Coconut Kheer aka Cinnamon and Coconut flavored Rice Pudding. It is a different variety of Kheer recipe which is liked by my Husband a lot. Kheer is one of the most liked desserts of North India which is supposed to be an auspicious dish in any festive or celebratory occasion or you can also say that no auspicious occasion is complete without making kheer.Normally Kheer is made with adding rice into milk and it is then flavored with various flavoring and aromatic agents like Cardamom Powder, Rose or Kewra Water, Saffron etc. Many dry fruits like Pistachio (Pista), Raisins (Kishmish) and Almonds (Badam) are also added in Kheer recipe, but in this Cinnamon Coconut Kheer there is no need to use any of these flavoring or aromatic agents, as it contains the exotic aroma of Cinnamon (Dalchini) with the crunch and rich flavor of Coconut.
Even I was not in the mood of adding Cashews and Chirongi also, but added them later, however they are only optional and you can easily skip them. The flavor of Coconut when combines with the unusual aroma of Cinnamon, makes this Cinnamon Coconut Kheer simply irresistible. Trust me guys it’s heavenly delicious and you just can’t have enough of it. Its sinfully addictive and will make you go bananas over it.
Trust me guys, try this recipe once and you will love to make it again. Here is the step by step recipe of making Cinnamon Coconut Kheer:
Milk- 1.5 Ltr
Rice- 1/4 cup
Grated Coconut- 1/3 cup
Sugar- 1/2 cup
Milk Powder- 3 tablespoon
Cinnamon Powder- 1/2 teaspoon
Cashew- 2 tablespoons (broken into halves)
Chirongi- 1/2 tablespoon
Clarified Butter (Ghee)- 1 tablespoon
1. Heat Clarified Butter (Ghee) in a heavy bottom pan and add Cashews in it. Saute over medium flame till they are golden brown. It will hardly take a minute or two.
2. In the same pan saute rice for one minute.
3. Now again in the same pan add milk and bring it to a boil.
4. Simmer the milk for two minutes and add rice into it.
5. Turn the flame to medium (neither too high and nor too low) and allow the kheer to cook, stirring almost continuously. If milk sticks to the sides of the pan then scrape it and scoop it again in milk. Keep cooking for 25-30 minutes. Dissolve Milk Powder in 1/2 cup of milk and add it in the kheer.
6. Now the kheer will be thicker and creamier than before. Now start stirring the Cinnamon Coconut Kheer continuously else it may burn. Add Grated Coconut and mix well. Keep cooking for next 5 minutes.
7. Add toasted Cashews and Chironji or Charoli seeds. Mix well and cook for next 2 minutes.
8. Add Cinnamon Powder and mix well.
9. Turn the flame off and allow the Cinnamon Coconut Kheer to cool down slightly. On cooling add sugar and mix well till the sugar crystals dissolve completely. Cool it down to room temperature. Now the Kheer will be very rich, creamier and thicker.
10. Refrigerate the Cinnamon Coconut Kheer for 1 hour and serve chilled. However, you can also enjoy it hot or little warm its totally up to you, how you want to have it. Tastes best when it is served cold (Neither chilled and nor warm).
1. You can increase or decrease the quantity of sugar in the Kheer as per your taste.
2. Allow the Kheer to cool down slightly before adding the sugar because adding sugar in hot milk may curdle the milk.
3. No need to add any flavoring or aromatic agents like Cardamom Powder, Saffron or Rosewater in the Cinnamon Coconut Kheer, as the may suppress the natural aroma of Cinnamon which is a key ingredient in this recipe.
4. In this recipe, I have used Toned Milk so I added milk powder to make its consistency thicker and creamier. If you are using full cream milk, then adding milk powder is optional.
Cheers, and do like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/VegetariansDelight to get updates on our latest recipes.