Chilli Cheese Toast is a crispy, cheesy snack and is too easy to prepare also. Learn how to make Chilli Cheese Toast in detail with step by step recipe with pictures.
Chilli Cheese Toast is a simple and easy to make toast recipe that can be prepared in a jiffy and can be served as a snack or it can be served in breakfast also. This Chilli Cheese Toast is Kids favorite dish, as it consists lots of cheese, just be careful while preparing it for your kids and reduce the proportion of chili flakes in it accordingly, even you can skip adding red chili flakes in it. Also, you can replace the whole red chilies with bell peppers.
For preparing the Chilli Cheese Toast you can use any bread of your choice, like, regular white bread, whole wheat bread, oats bread, multi-grain bread or brown bread. It’s up to you, which bread you want to use. Similarly, you can use any cheese of your preference like mozzarella, cheddar or regular processed cheese. Here, in this recipe, I have used normal processed cheese to make Chilli Cheese Toast.
So let’s start making Chilli Cheese Toast and here is the step by step recipe with pictures.
Ingredients to make Chilli Cheese Toast
Bread Slices- 4-5
Grated Cheese- 3/4 cup (I have used processed cheese)
Mildly hot whole red chilies- 2 (Thick Variant of chilies which are used to make pickles)
Butter- As required
Salt- To taste
Red Chili Flakes- 1.5 teaspoons
Oregano- 1/2 tablespoon
How to make Chilli Cheese Toast
1. This is all that we need to prepare the chilli cheese toasts.
2. After cleaning and drying, remove the stems of red chilies, discard the seeds, chop them finely, and keep them aside.
3. Now grate the cheese and keep it aside too.
4. Now add the chopped chilies, oregano, red chili flakes and salt to the grated cheese and mix it well. Adjust the quantity of the salt, as the cheese already has some salt.
5. Using a butter knife apply some butter on one side of bread. This step is optional and you can skip using butter in this step if you want. However, adding butter enhances the taste of the dish.
6. Generously spread the cheese mix over the bread slice (butter side).
7. Now smear a pan with some butter.
8. Toast the bread slices in it over low-medium flame till they turn nicely golden and crispy on the bottom side and the cheese starts to melt.
9. Take out the toasts on a plate and sprinkle a little oregano and red chili flakes over it (optional). Serve them hot with tomato ketchup or any dip of your choice.
Cheers, and do like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/VegetariansDelight to get updates on our latest recipes.