Indo-Chinese Chili Garlic Noodles is a hot and spicy version of Noodles that you can enjoy as it is, without any accompaniment, and it will taste equally good with Manchurian or Chili Paneer too.
In this recipe of Chili Garlic Noodles, as the name itself tells I have added lots of garlic and hence in every bite, you will experience a rich taste and aroma of garlic along with real hot flavors of red chilies that make it too tempting to resist.
While making noodles take care of few things like chop the veggies really thin, it will keep them crunchy while stir frying. Secondly, always stir fry the veggies over a high flame and keep tossing them in between, however you can reduce the flame a little in between if you find it difficult to handle the veggies over a high flame.
While making these Chili Garlic Noodles, I have used edible Sesame Oil. No other oil can replace the flavors that Sesame Oil imparts in it. So if you want the real authentic taste please do not substitute Sesame Oil with any other oil.
So here is the step by step recipe of Chili Garlic Noodles, hope you will enjoy.
Noodles- 200 gms
Water- 1 Ltr
Capsicum- 1 medium
Red Bell Pepper- 1 cup
Yellow Bell Pepper- 1 cup
Carrots- 1 cup
Cabbage- 1 cup
Onions- 2, medium
Garlic- 4-5 thick cloves
Soy Sauce- 1.5 tablespoon
White Vinegar- 1/2 teaspoon
Black Pepper Powder- 1/4 teaspoon
Paprika Powder- 1 teaspoon
Crushed Red Chilies- 1 teaspoon
Salt- As per your taste
Sesame Oil- 2 tablespoon
1. Boil water in a pan with 1/2 teaspoon of salt in it (If they are unsalted). Add noodles to boiling water and cook exactly for the time mentioned in the pack of the noodles as different brands have different cooking time. Adhere to the instructions mentioned in the pack of noodles.
2. Strain the noodles in a colander and rinse them under running cold water and keep them aside and mix oil in them to avoid them from sticking to each other and keep them aside.
3. Heat sesame oil in a wok and add finely chopped garlic in it. Mix well and saute for a minute.
4. Add onions and mix well. Stir fry them till they become translucent.
5. Add all the veggies except cabbage and mix well. Stir fry them over a high flame for. Don’t overcook them else they will become soggy, a little crunch should be there in the veggies.
6. Add cabbage and mix well.
7. Add Soy Sauce and mix well.
8. Add White Vinegar and mix well.
9. Add Black Pepper Powder and mix well.
10. Add Paprika Powder and mix well.
11. Add salt and mix well.
12. Add boiled noodles and mix well.
13. Keep tossing and stirring the veggies till they mix with the noodles completely. It will normally take 1-2 minutes.
14. Turn off the flame. Chili Garlic Noodles are ready to serve. You can even enjoy these Chili Garlic Noodles as it is or with Manchurian or Chili Paneer also.