Capsicum Onion and Cheese Paratha recipe. Have you ever imagined a typical Indian delicacy, with truly Italian flavors. Stuffed Parathas are the soul of North Indian Cuisine, so just imagine a paratha, stuffed with crunchy onions and capsicum, seasoned with Oregano and Basil and loaded with melt in the mouth Mozzarella Cheese.
Now a days I am in a mission to bring a twist in regular paratha recipes, in my previous posts, I have already posted four paratha recipes with a twist. Today I was planning to make cheese parathas, so to bring a twist in them I added capsicum and onions and various seasoning.
Parathas are something that can be had for breakfast or lunch. On lazy weekends, you can enjoy them as brunch also and when accompanied with a side vegetable dish, some pickle and plain curd or raita these parathas a complete meal in itself.
To be honest, I came across accidentally. I was going to make normal cheese and onion paratha, but a thought, that what twist should I bring in this recipe was constantly striking in my mind. I opened my refrigerator to keep the cheese back, and I saw some capsicum (hardly 2-3) and they were insufficient to make vegetable. Suddenly an idea stroked in my mind and I decided to include these capsicums also as an ingredient of my paratha, and this was the ingredient that brought that twist in my recipe.
I was so happy with the final result, the parathas were awesome. Crisp outside and inside they had crunch of capsicums, bites of onions and melt in the mouth mozzarella. Simply a treat to my taste buds.
So let’s start making Capsicum Onion and Cheese Paratha. Here is the step by step recipe with pictures.
Capsicum- 1 cup, very finely chopped
Onions- 3/4 cup, very finely chopped
Mozzarella Cheese- 1 cup, finely grated
Red Chili Flakes- 1 teaspoon
Black Pepper Powder- 1/2 teaspoon
Oregano- 1 teaspoon
Basil- 1 teaspoon
Salt- As per your taste
Olive Oil/Refined Oil/Butter- For cooking
Whole Wheat Flour- 2 cups
Salt- 1/2 teaspoon
Refined Oil- 1 teaspoon
1. Chop capsicums and onions very finely and keep aside.
2. Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a pan, add capsicum and onions. Mix well and saute for 2-3 minutes on medium flame. Now add red chili flakes, black pepper powder and mix well. Don’t over cook the vegetables, let them be a little crunchy. Saute them till they are tender.
3. Allow it to cool down and mean while knead a soft dough and allow it to rest for 5 minutes.
4. On cooling, take out the capsicum mixture in a bowl and add mozzarella cheese, oregano and basil in it.
5. Mix it well using a fork and add more salt if required.
6. Now take a small ball size amount from the dough and stuff the capsicum mixture in it.
7. Bring all the edges together, and seal them. Dust it with some flour and roll out in a circular shape using a rolling pin.
8. Heat a girdle and cook paratha over it on medium flame till brown spots start appearing. Apply some olive oil or butter and cook again from both sides.
9. Hot, crispy, crunchy and melt in the mouth parathas are ready to serve. Enjoy hot with dip or sauce of your choice.