Sponge Gourds or Turai/Tori stuffed with assorted spices and then cooked on a low flame will surely linger your taste buds. Since it is a no onion no garlic recipe, you can relish it in fasts or at times when we avoid adding onion and garlic in our food. Always select fresh and tender ridge gourds for making Bharwan Turai or Stuffed Sponge Gourd so that there should be no seed in it and the sponge should be soft.
So let’s start making Bharwan Turai Sabzi or Stuffed Sponge Gourd and here is the step by step recipe with pictures.
Turai Sabzi Ingredients:
Sponge Gourd (Turai/Tori)- 10-12
Mustard Oil- 3 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon
Salt- To taste
Turai Sabzi Spices:
Coriander Powder (Dhaniya)- 3 tablespoon
Garam Masala Powder- 1 tablespoon
Red Chili Powder- 2 teaspoon
Turmeric Powder- 1/2 teaspoon + 1/4 teaspoon
Cumin Powder- 1.5 teaspoon
Fennel Powder- 2 teaspoon
Asafoetida- 1/4 teaspoon
Turai Sabzi Method:
1. Wash and clean sponge gourds and let them dry completely.
2. Peel the sponge gourds and keep them aside.
3. Cut them in halves and slit them lengthwise keeping the other side intact.
4. In a mixing bowl add all the spices and salt and mix them.
5. Add mustard oil in it and mix well.
6. Heat mustard oil in a pan over low flame.
7. Till oil is getting hot, fill the sponge gourds the with spice mix.
8. Fill all the sponge gourds in the same way and when oil is smoking hot add all the sponge gourds in it.
9. Add turmeric over it and mix well.
10. Cook over low flame for 5-10 minutes or till sponge gourds cooked completely.
11. Bharwan turai Turai Sabzi is ready to serve. You can serve it with roti, paratha or rice.
Cheers and do like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/VegetariansDelight to get updates on our latest recipes.