Eggless banana walnut muffins recipe with step by step pictures
Eggless banana walnut muffins or just banana nut muffins are super delicious cupcakes that are my all time favorite sweet snack for breakfast or anytime. The rich taste of banana along with the nutty flavor of walnuts make them super yum and moist. Whenever I made these lovely Banana walnut muffins, they get disappear in no time. They are super easy to make and a great way of incorporating banana and walnuts in your kid’s diet. If you like Banana based cakes then you can also look at the recipe of Strawberry Banana Cake on our blog.
They are light, fluffy and moist inside and are bursting with flavors of banana and walnut. Do try them out they are really yum.
Banana Walnut Muffins Ingredients
1 cup ~ 240 ml
All purpose flour (Maida) – 1 and 1/2 cups
Cornflour – 1 tablespoon
Baking Soda – 3/4 teaspoon
Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
Salt – a pinch
Refined Oil – 1/3 cup, I have used refined Sunflower Oil
Granulated sugar – 3/4 cup
Ripe bananas – 5 medium sized
Milk – 1/2 Cup
Vanilla extract or essence – 1 teaspoon
Synthetic Vinegar – 1 teaspoon
Walnuts, roughly chopped – 1/2 cup + handful for topping
Banana Walnut Muffins Method
1. Peel bananas and put them in a bowl.
2. Mash bananas using a fork to make a thick banana paste, the paste should not be smooth and has some very small pieces of bananas in it. The consistency of the paste should be as shown in the picture below.
3. Sift together all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, cornflour and salt through a large sieve such that all things get mixed together evenly.
4. This will also ensure that no lump is present in the flour which can really make the cake bad. Also, preheat the Oven to 180 degree Centigrade or 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Add granulated sugar in the bowl with mashed banana puree.
6. Add refined oil to it.
7. Pour the milk into the mixture. The milk should be at room temperature.
8. Now mix or whisk the mixture continuously till all things are mixed and granulated sugar is dissolved completely in the mixture. This will take few minutes.
9. Now add vanilla essence or extract to the mixture.
10. Now add synthetic vinegar (plain white vinegar) into it, and give it a quick whisk.
11. Add the sieved mixture of all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, cornflour and salt into it.
12. Gently mix it in the mixture, just mix it enough so that all things come together. Do not over mix or whisk the batter which can release the gluten in the flour and turn your cake really bad.
13. Add chopped walnuts to the mixture.
14. Give a very gentle mix (or just fold the mixture with a spatula) for the last time.
15. Put the batter into the muffin liners or cups placed inside a muffin tin or silicone muffin cups, fill two-thirds full with the batter. Sprinkle a handful of chopped walnuts on top of them as garnish.
16. Bake them for around 20 – 25 minutes at 180 degrees Centigrade or until cake is cooked completely. This can vary depending on your oven, weather and baking dish size.
To check whether the muffins are cooked completely, test them by inserting a toothpick, If it comes out clean, it is done and if batter sticks to it then bake them for another 4-5 minutes. Check again and if done then take it out from the oven.
17. Take the muffins out of the oven and from the tin or silicone cups. Keep them aside to cool down completely.
Once cooled, your eggless banana walnut muffins are ready to be served.
Delicious, moist and full of natural flavors of banana and walnuts, these muffins are a delight to eat and they are loved by all.
Cheers, and do like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/VegetariansDelight to get updates on our latest recipes.