Achari Paneer recipe with its step by step picture. If you love eating pickle flavor the most, then do try making Achari Paneer once, I am sure you will love it.
Achari Paneer is a spicy, tangy, delicious and tantalizing curry that imbibes its flavor from the mixture of seeds, that are used in making pickle. Paneer based recipes are often made at my place and paneer is an integral part of my menu. It derives its flavors from the spices we use to make pickles.
So if you are fond of pickles, you will definitely love this recipe. This recipe gets its light sourness from the yogurt added to it. Yogurt not only gives sour flavor to it but also compliments the flavor of the pickle spices added to this recipe. This is a no onion and no garlic recipe that I had made, however, if you like you can add onions and garlic to this recipe.
Achari Paneer can be served with roti, tandoori roti, naan, paratha or steamed rice it goes well with anything. Serve a salad or raita as an accompaniment along with it. If you are looking for more paneer recipes than you can also check my Paneer Lababdar, Paneer Kalimirch, Paneer Butter Masala, Matar Paneer, Paneer Jalfrezi, Paneer Kofta and Chilli Paneer etc.
So let’s start making Achari Paneer and here is the step by step recipe with pictures.
Ingredients to make Achari Paneer
Fresh Cheese (Paneer)- 200 grams
Thick Yogurt (Dahi)- 1 cup, it should be fresh and not sour
Tomatoes- 2-3, medium
Ginger- 1″ piece
Green Chilies- 2
Cashew Nuts- 15-18, blanched
Bay Leaf (Tepatta)- 1 or 2
Dried Red Chilies- 2
Kasoori Methi- 1 teaspoon
Red Chili Powder- 1 teaspoon
Turmeric Powder- 1/2 teaspoon
Asafoetida- 1/4 teaspoon
Oil- 2 tablespoon
Ingredients to make Achar/Pickle Masala
Fennel Seeds (Saunf)- 1/2 teaspoon
Black Mustard Seeds (Sarson)- 1/2 teaspoon
Nigella Seeds (Kalongi)- 1/2 teaspoon
Fenugreek Seeds (Methi)- 1/4 teaspoon
Cumin Seeds (Jeera)- 1/2 teaspoon
Coriander Seeds (Dhaniya)- 1 teaspoon
How to make Achari Paneer
1. This is all that we require for making achari paneer.
2. Heat a pan and dry roast all the ingredients listed under pickle masala, till fragrant.
3. When done, take them out in a plate and allow them to cool down to room temperature.
4. Using an electric grinder, grind it into a coarse powder and keep it aside.
5. In the same grinder grind tomatoes, cashew nuts, ginger and green chilies into a fine puree.
6. Heat oil in a pan and add bay leaf and dried whole red chilies in it.
7. Add asafoetida in it.
8. Add tomato-cashew puree and mix well.
9. Add red chili powder, turmeric powder and kasoori methi in it. Simmer it for 2-3 minutes.
10. Add yogurt in it and mix well. Make sure that flame should be low, while adding yogurt, else it may curdle.
11. Season it with salt and simmer it for 2 minutes.
12. Add water as required to adjust the consistency of gravy and bring it to boil.
13. Turn the flame to low and add freshly ground achar masala (as per your taste) and a little garam masala in it and mix well.
14. Add fresh cheese (paneer) cubes in it.
15. Chek the seasonings and add more salt and chili powder, if required. Garnish with chopped cilantro leaves and achari paneer is ready to serve.
16. Serve achari paneer with lachcha paratha and enjoy. You can even serve it with Naan, Pudina Naan or steamed rice. Cheers, and do like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/VegetariansDelight to get updates on our latest recipes.