Aata Mewa Ladoo recipe with its step by step pictures. Learn how to make delicious Aata and Mewa Ladoo.
Aata Mewa Ladoo, is a healthy and nutritious version of ladoo that is easy to make and you can store them for up to four weeks (when stored in an airtight container). They are high in their nutritional value as they contain the goodness of almonds along with other dry fruits and Dry Ginger Powder (Saunth), which is also very good for health. My Mom use to make these Ladoo for me when I use to live in the hostel for my Master’s.
I love making various kinds of ladoo like Besan Ladoo, Coconut Ladoo, Semolina Ladoo etc but these Aata Mewa Ladoo are my personal favorite. Soon I will post the recipes of other ladoo too. These Aata Mewa Ladoo can be easily prepared instantly without any previous preparation, as they are made of all those ingredients that are commonly found in every kitchen.
Though it is an easy recipe with very simple ingredients, its taste, texture, and aroma are amazing. They can be made on festive occasions like Diwali etc. or on celebratory occasions. They include the goodness of Dry fruits and Dry Ginger Powder (Saunth) which provides immunity and nutrition to the body. These Aata Mewa Ladoo are also perfect for your kids who are very particular and fussy in having their meals.
Ingredients to make Aata Mewa Ladoo:
Whole Wheat Flour (Aata)- 2 cups
Clarified Butter (Ghee)- 1.5 cup + 2 tablespoon to saute almonds and foxnuts
Powdered Sugar (Boora)- 1 cup
Black Pepper Powder (Kali Mirch)- 1/2 teaspoon
Dry Ginger Powder (Saunth)- 3-4 teaspoon
Foxnuts (Makhana)- 1 cup
Almonds (Badam)- 1/2 cup
Chirongi- 1.5 tablespoon
Raisins (Kishmish)- 1/2 cup
Melon Seeds (Magaj Ke Beej)- 1.5 tablespoon
Method to make Aata Mewa Ladoo:
1. Heat Clarified Butter (Ghee) in a heavy bottom pan and saute fox nuts and almonds in it till foxnuts are golden in color. Keep them aside and allow to cool down to room temperature and then grind into a coarse powder.
2. In the same pan heat remaining Clarified Butter (Ghee) and add Whole Wheat Flour (Gehu Ka Aata) in it.
3. Roast the Whole Wheat Flour over very low flame for 25 – 30 minutes stirring it continuously till it gets a nice golden brown color and you can sense a nice aroma of roasted flour coming out of the pan. Remember after 20 minutes flour (aata) will have a tendency to get burn so be careful and don’t over roast it.
4. Add Dry Ginger Powder (Saunth) in the roasted Flour (Aata) and mix well.
5. Add Black Pepper Powder (Kali Mirch) and mix well. Saute the flour for next 2-3 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, grind the fox nuts and almonds in a grinder.
7. Add this Foxnuts and Almonds powder to the Flour (Aata).
8. Add Chirongi.
9. Add Raisins and Melon Seeds.
10. Add powdered sugar and mix well. Turn off the flame and allow the mixture to cool down slightly.
11. Grease your hands with a little Clarified Butter (Ghee) and start binding the ladoo.
12. Do not cool down the flour completely, keep it a little warm, it will help in binding the Ladoo easily.
13. Bind all the ladoo in the same way and arrange them on a plate. Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes. Aata Mewa Ladoo are ready to serve.
Also, do subscribe our YouTube Channel by clicking on subscribe button for delicious recipe videos.
Cheers, and do like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/VegetariansDelight to get updates on our latest recipes.