Aam Panna is a popular and tangy summer cooler. It is a very good remedy for heat stroke and dehydration. It is made from raw green mangoes and is light green or sometimes pale yellow in color. It is consumed as a tasty and healthy beverage to fight against the intense Indian summer heat, very well renowned for its heat-resistant properties.
Aam Panna is a local drink which is not only refreshing and energizing, but it also helps you get hydrated in an instant and aids in battling scorching heat. Aam Panna is slightly sour and sweet to taste with a hint of black pepper, mint leaves & black salt. The Aam Panna also helps in preventing stomach problems in the summers.
Aam Panna can be made in various ways, like some prefer to add mint leaves in it and some don’t. Similarly some people use semi ripe mangoes instead of raw mangoes, as when we use semi ripe mangoes to make Aam Panna it requires comparatively less sugar in it. Here in this recipe I have used semi ripe mangoes, also I have used rock salt instead of regular table salt, so this recipe of Aam Panna can be consumed in fasts also.
So let’s start making Aam Panna and here is the step by step recipe with pictures.
Raw Mangoes (Kairi)- 3-4, medium size
Sugar- 3/4 cup- 1 cup (as per your taste)
Roasted Cumin (Bhuna Jeera ) Powder- 2 teaspoon
Black Salt (Kaala NAmak)- 2 teaspoon
Salt- As per your taste
Black Pepper Powder- 1/4 teaspoon (optional)
Mint Leaves (Pudina)- 10- 15
1. This is all what we will need to make aam panna.
2. Wash and peel the raw mangoes and keep them aside.
3. In a pressure cooker take these peeled raw mangoes along with 3/4 cup of water and pressure cook them on low flame for 5 -10 minutes.
4. Take the mangoes out of the pressure cooker and allow them to cool down to the room temperature.
5. Scrape out the pulp of the mangoes and discard the seeds.
6. Take this pulp in a blender and blend it along with sugar, mint leaves and salt.
7. Add roasted cumin powder, black salt and black pepper powder in it and mix well.
8. Add 5-6 cups of water and keep it in refrigerator for at least 2-3 hours.
9. Pour aam panna in glasses and add ice cubes in it. Garnish with lemon rings, fresh mint leaves and serve chilled.